Valley Hotel Environmental Policy
Responsible Visitor Charter
The Valley Hotel Would like to invite you to be a responsible visitor and help us save the planet.
Here are some of the things that you can do during your stay to help us and you to can carry these things out in your home.
- Conserve Energy - please remove your room key card on leaving the room to ensure that no electricity is wasted. Please do not leave any lights on that are not needed whilst you are in the rooms and make sure your television is not on standby when you leave the room.
- Make your journey a greener one, charge your car on one of our 4 electric charge points.
- Shop Locally - if you do require any produce not provided by the hotel during your stay we ask you to please use local stores. Please see reception for further details.
- Help us to help our environment.Towels in the bathtub means:“Please replace them” Towels hung up means: “I will use them again”
- Be water wise-please turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and please see take note of our towel policies.
- Please only fill your kettle with the amount of water that you need each time to reduce wasted water.
- Respect nature-please do not litter and please use our cycle paths and walkways responsibly.
- Most importantly-please enjoy your stay and we look forward to welcoming your back soon! And finally, if you feel there is anything else we could be doing to reduce our environmental impact.
The following measures have been put in place to improve energy performance:
- 4 electric car charging stations installed by Weev
- The hotel is heated by a 99kw wood pellet bio mass boiler, saving almost 106tons of CO2 emissions. Pellets are delivered by local company Balcas Enniskillen
- June 2022 the hotel installed 36Kwh 110 Solar Panels on the hotel roof.This has saved the equivalent of 50 trees planted in just 5 months
- All Food waste is recycled for compost and dry recycles, approx 70% of our waste is now recycled which is the equivalent to 21 ton less landfill a year.
- Internal Water meters installed.
- The Hotel joins the cycle to work scheme.
- The Hotel invested £6,000 to replaced over 300 lights with LED pinspots/tubes/bulbs leading to a saving of over 1 months electric.
- Clothes in lost and found are donated to local charities.
- Small bottles of toiletries have been replaced to large refilled soap dispensers.
- The hotel uses fair trade coffee and nespresso pods are recycled.
- The hotel dose not print any hotel brochure as such but directs everyone to its website instead, and uses e-zines and social media to market the property.
- 2 printers were taken out of the office and replaced with one photocopier/printer/scanner & fax machine, cutting down on the use of paper and ink cartridges.
- Sensor taps or push taps in all toilets on the ground floor and waterless urinals in men toilets has reduced water usage by 36%.
- Small jam pots for breakfast have been replaced with refilled pots.
- Walking and jogging route designed and promoted on website to increase exercise and wellbeing of our guests.
- Introduction of extra loft insulation in roof space to reduce the loss of heat.
- Zoned heating for both accommodation floors.
- Sensor lights in all stores, toilets / accommodation floors & stairwells.
- Gas appliances serviced and maintained regularly; staff trained on turning off gas equipment when not in use.
- During our refurbishment in 2022 all new bedrooms fitted with triple glazing .
- Thermostatic Radiator Valves installed in bedrooms.
- Staff trained on energy saving issues.
- All A4 paper waste is cut up into small notepads.
- All waste Oil is collected and recycled.
- Wooden & plastic delivery trays or returned to suppliers.
- Food & drink where possible is sourced locally to reduce carbon emissions.
- Recycling of non-returnable glass bottles cardboard and plastic.
- Bedroom lighting (& ventilation) is controlled by key card, ensuring that lights will switch OFF shortly after a room is vacated.
- Storage area for bicycles.
- Get on your bike and have some fun at Blessing Bourne Mountain Bike Trails in Fivemiletown bike hire available.
- Explore Fermanagh naturally view this short clip.To help explore the amazing scenery we can provide you with a pack lunch just book it at the hotel reception